Got 15 Questions: "The Maro Shoe"
Some people have asked me to tell you all a bit more about me and the things I love in hopes that you’ll better understand me as an individual. I think this is an awesome idea!!! We may even have some things in common! So, here go my answers to 15 of the most common questions :)
- What is your favorite movie?
- Pretty Woman! It’s a classic. As corny as it sounds, I always imagined my prince charming would struggle to realize how amazing I was, until one day he would come to his senses after feeling that he was going to lose me. BUT, it didn’t really happen that way. Sergio knew how special I was from day one :) His senses were on point really early on in our relationship!
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- The way people chew gum. It’s got to be the most annoying thing ever! Actually, just how people chew in general is annoying – especially if they open their mouths. If you catch me starring at you chew, it’s probably not a good thing. Just thinking about it…ok, stop.
- What is your worst habit?
- Organizing a mess, no matter how late I’m running. I literally get headaches when things are a mess (in my definition), so I begin to organize. I can be running 30 minutes late and I can’t get ready until the shoes are in the closet, clothes are folded, dirty dishes are in the dishwasher…you get the point.
- What is your favorite place you have visited?
- Dominican Republic, for sure. I love my country and I wish I was so much more immersed in the culture.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- So, I heard there’s a fountain of youth in Peru. Supposedly there’s some minerals in the water that actually prevent aging. There was a woman on a history show I watched a while back that was in her 70s, but looked like she was 25! I most def need to go bathe in this water!! Who wants to join me???
- Do you dream often?
- Yes, and, according to my husband, I act out my dreams in my sleep too. So, if I’m having a bad dream where I’m fighting someone, beware if you’re laying next to me!
- What is your perfect day?
- Staying in my clean home in minimal attire, listening to good music, and watching reruns of Sex and the City with a tub of mint chocolate ice cream :)
- What do you do when you have free time?
- I work. Literally. I always have something to do and usually free time is the only time I have to get to it.
- Who is your hero?
- My mom! She is the archetypal WOMAN! And if you know her, you know it’s true ;)
- Do you have a first memory, and if so, what is it?
- Ok, brace yourself for this one! I remember I was almost 3 and my sisters were 1. My mom was having a gathering with friends at the house and I rushed into the living room to tell her that my sisters had pooped. By the time we got back to the room, both of my sisters had somehow taken their pampers off, smeared poop all over their bodies and were getting ready to eat it! HAHA!
- What school activities did you do in high school?
- Volleyball (my favorite!), dance, and softball.
- If you could go back in time, what is the one piece of advice you would give your younger self?
- Don’t worry so much. Work hard and do what’s in your control; but don’t worry about the rest. Let God take care of it.
- What is your dream job?
- Honestly, having my own shoe line and motivating young people! One day y’all, very soon! So help me spread the word about this blog!!! ;)
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Birthdays! My family has a tradition – every birthday is treated as a holiday. It’s the one day people celebrate YOU for who you are, and the one time you get to be selfish ;) My mom takes it a step further and allows us to have the whole month, so all month long is a celebration of YOU! I love love love birthdays! Plus, it’s just amazing to know you’ve made it another year. Some people didn’t have that opportunity, so I feel blessed every time I get to celebrate another year of life.
- What bad thing did you do as a child and your parents never found out?
- Umm…if I told you my parents would find out. Mom, I know you’re reading this and probably already sending me a worried text…
I hope this gives you a little insight about me! Don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions in the comments :)
Each post is named after a pair of "fictitious" (for now) shoes. For this post, I chose the name "Maro," which means “about myself.”